Thing to do
The perfect base for unique wilderness experiences on the Eyre Peninsula
You can have the best of both worlds at Coodlie Park Farm Retreat hiding away among the native bushlands, sitting on a balcony, reading a book or reconnecting with nature on a bush walk. Access to the farm's private beach is rugged and beautiful and you can spend hours there taking it all in, watching beautiful sunsets or fishing, with a feeling of connection to the land.
If you’re feeling a little adventurous there are many options from sheltered waters, rugged coastline, bush and coastal walks. Those with appropriate equipment have windsurfing, sand boarding, rock climbing, hiking, scuba diving and snorkelling. We can help you “link up” with other great tourism businesses on the Eyre Peninsula to ensure that you get the best that the region offers, like swimming with dolphins and sea lions at Baird Bay or jumping on aboard a fishing charter in the Great Australian Bight. We can also give you suggested self-drive itineraries exploring local national parks and beaches for each day you stay!
We offer a range of fully guided tours on and around our property where you are guaranteed regular encounters with native wildlife which is in abundance. How about a Nocturnal Spotlighting Tour or even head out for a whole day on the Talia Cave 4WD tour or overnight on our Billion Stars 4WD Day Swag camping tour.
A Bushwalker's Dream
While walking around the homestead you’ll come across a menagerie of Australian wildlife such as emus, wombats and kangaroos. There’s a 45km stretch of sandy beach that reaches to Walkers Rocks or hike the South Head Walking Trail where you can see pods of dolphins playing in the pristine seas of Venus Bay.
On the Farm
- Nocturnal wildlife tours – spot abundant native wildlife on the farm
- Star Gazers Tour – learn about the southern sky and its different constellations
- Bush walking
- Responsible travel - get involved with our seed collection, propagation and tree planting
- Have fun or relax on our secluded beach
- Talia Caves, Mount Camp Beach and Locks Well
- Lake Newland Conservation Park
- Swim with sea lions and dolphins at Baird Bay
- Sand board the amazing dunes near the property
- Go fishing and swimming at one of many stunning beaches
- Learn to Surf
- Murphy’s Haystacks
- Venus Bay and South Head Walking Trial
- Point Labatt Sea Lion colony
- Streaky Bay and Westall Way Self drive
- Elliston and Anxious Bay Self drive